Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
41 dead animals found inside closed pet store.
I notice there are blocks on some sites.

Quote:Associated Press

Authorities say 41 small animals were found dead inside a closed pet store in western Illinois where the electricity had been disconnected.
Macomb Police Chief Curt Barker said Tuesday that police received a complaint on Saturday about Macomb Pet Land, where officers faced an overwhelming smell of dead animals and ammonia. The dead animals included several rabbits, hamsters, snakes and mice. No dogs or cats died.
Barker says 56 animals were found alive and placed in foster care.
He says the power was shut off May 14 to the store about 60 miles west of Peoria for non-payment of bills.

The store's owner faces aggravated cruelty to animals charges. Barker says she told police she had arranged for someone else to care for the animals.
This is the core of the article.

The pet store obviously was in some financial difficulty if the power was shut off. I can feel for them having problems like that. However the animals were the owner's responsibility. She should have made sure they were cared for. If there was no power in the store then some of the animals would need to be removed immediately. Birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles all require special conditions. No matter what the circumstances, she did fail in her duty towards the animals. That will be what she is charged with. I can't believe a pet store owner would fail to be there every day checking on the animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 dead animals found inside closed pet store. - by Catherine - 05-31-2018, 02:59 PM