The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we see, what our pets see
Vision is a field of study that is interesting and informative. Scientists have been comparing visual acuity between humans and other animals. We  as humans have very high visual acuity. Birds of prey have better sight, but other than that our sight is much sharper. In other words our pets do not see the details that we see. I was surprized that goldfish vision was as good as it is, almost as good as a cat. I am also surprized that insect vision is so poor. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...132940.htm

So when out cat fails to see something we should not be surprized. I expected rats to have better vision. 
Now I wonder what do my guinea pigs see. They may not see detail, but they never miss a vegetable.
I suspect reptile vision is different too. Snakes seem to miss a lot. I hope they publish more about this. I want to know what the animals around me see. I know they see differently. Since they rely so heavily on scent maybe vision is a secondary sense. Our sense of smell is weaker so we would need our vision.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
What we see, what our pets see - by Catherine - 05-31-2018, 03:51 PM
RE: What we see, what our pets see - by Tobi - 06-01-2018, 08:33 AM
RE: What we see, what our pets see - by Catherine - 06-01-2018, 03:24 PM