Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annie's teeth
(12-06-2013, 04:03 PM)Catherine Wrote: I am glad to hear that Annie is doing okay. It is fabulous news that her jaw bone regained mineralization. That was a better than expected result. She is remarkable for learning to eat with her teeth in a mess. Annie is amazing. She has a strong will to live. Clearing up the infection must have made her feel so much better. I can't wait to hear the next Xray results. I hope her top teeth regenerate, but I don't know if that is even possible.

As usual, get well Annie.Smile

You're right. Annie is my Super Piggy, quite the inspiration. If we had been going to any other vet in the area I'm sure the immediate recommendation would have been to put her to sleep, but our vet is our hero and thought that we should at least try, especially as Annie was so well otherwise.
We are very lucky that he is familiar with the Rescue in Glynneath (his practise treats all the rescue pigs that need it) and is more than happy to let Suzy manage the teeth trims. If Annie was having these done at the vets it would need a GA ever time, but Suzy is quick and skilled and the teeth are snipped and filed in just a minute or so and Annie is looking for her veggie treat!!
She even has her own little "Pad" at the rescue where she waits while we do the cleaning out. It's next to a lovely boy named Bart. He and Annie have made friends through the cage, but I hope he will find a friend and a forever home soon.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Annie's teeth - by Cibach - 12-05-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Annie's teeth - by Catherine - 12-06-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: Annie's teeth - by Cibach - 12-07-2013, 04:24 AM
RE: Annie's teeth - by Catherine - 12-07-2013, 02:01 PM
RE: Annie's teeth - by Cibach - 02-01-2014, 04:32 AM
RE: Annie's teeth - by Catherine - 02-01-2014, 08:12 AM