Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Sperm Whale found with stomach full of plastic
This has to stop!
We are kiling creatures and our planet with thoughtless disposal of waste.

I have seen someone throw a plastic bag in the river....I even saw an old television floating in the river. I called the dept. for the environment and they were less than useless, telling me to go find the farmer who owned that land (goodness knows who he is or where he lives. No-one I asked seemed to know!) I called again and asked if they could handle it for me and they said no. Meanwhile, that TV was on its way downstream, and wouldn't take long to go to someone else's "land", so the first farmer would just shrug and walk away even if I had been able to locate him! By the time the second farmer was located, that TV would be another 5 miles away!

I have seen Macdonalds cartons and drinks containers thrown out of cars which pass on my lane....I have seen it up in trees....and plastic balloons strewn about the fields that say "happy birthday" etc. And that is in a quiet beautiful rural place.
Whatever I see I pick up to recycle or burn if I can get at it. But WHY are people doing this?? Why don't they care? What is this in human nature?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead Sperm Whale found with stomach full of plastic - by Tobi - 11-22-2018, 03:04 AM