Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family dog held by pound until they pay $300.00
I doubt if the "pay up within five days or we sell your dog" strategy would be allowed in most countries. That amounts to holding the dog as a ransom. However, it clearly is legal in Australia and it is a distressing situation.

I did note from the article, however, that the $129 fee is not payable if the dog is microchipped. This is not the right way to go about persuading people to have their dogs microchipped. Holding dogs for ransom is a hostile act and the emphasis should be on persuading humans of the benefits of microchipping their dogs and cats, or making the procedure compulsory.

I am very happy that Puce was microchipped when she was with us and that Forgy was microchipped as part of the adoption procedure before he joined us. It gives great peace of mind, as a quick click on a small hand-held device can identify the caretaker immediately. It is always wise to have this done and here in France it is compulsory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family dog held by pond until they pay $300.00 - by LPC - 11-29-2018, 08:45 PM