Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ecological grief, a mental health side effect of climate change
Maybe part of the mental health issues are the feelings of helplessness. People don't understand that they can do  something. 
They know that they can't fix things, they don't realize that we can fix things if we all work together. We don't even need to connect, we just all need to do our part. 

It is like the litter on the land and in the ocean. If we each picked up any litter we can when we encounter it things would gradually get better. If we all make small conservation efforts we can produce positive results.

It is very easy to feel overwhelmed by the changes that have happened and to fear the ones to come.
Life in England would be very different if the gulf stream stops or slows even more. That must cause so anxiety.
If I lived at ocean level I would be anxious about rising sea levels. 
Hearing about species that are lost or almost gone tears at me inside. I have been aware of the dangers to ecosystem of the planet for 50 years and sometimes it is tiring. Instead of progress I see things getting worse and many people not even willing to believe there is a problem. It is hard to stay optimistic.

I think we will see a lot more ecological grief in years to come. It is just one more thing that we are not prepared to deal with.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ecological grief, a mental health side effect of climate change - by Catherine - 12-01-2018, 04:54 PM