The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone remembers (it has been quite awhile since I last posted), but I just wanted to give an update on my chocolate Labrador, Chance. It's been about 2 years since I first posted about Chance, and how he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. 

Chance had a bad seizure last night. When I woke up this morning, Chance was unable to drink or eat anything. I scheduled an emergency appointment to meet with his Neurologist. The vet believes that the nerves that Chance would use to move his tongue have either been damaged, or no longer work correctly due to his brain tumor. Seeing that Chance is unable to really eat or drink, the vet thinks that we may only have days left with him. Although I have known for about 2 years that this moment could come at any time, it is still something I am not entirely prepared for. I feel really blessed that Chance has lived this long after his diagnosis (even the vet said he was surprised), but I am still very upset. When my first lab passed away from breast cancer, you could just look at her and tell that she was in a lot of pain and it was her time to go. She has no interest in eating, and could barely get up. This made the decision to have her get put down a little bit easier. Chance still wants to eat. He still gets up and goes up the stairs and such on his own terms. He still recognizes us. Obviously I am most concerned with his quality of life, and if he can't eat or drink than thats not much of a life. I don't want him to suffer or hurt, but I am just devastated about this. ):

Messages In This Thread
Chance - by lindseybee - 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: Chance - by Catherine - 01-23-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: Chance - by LPC - 01-24-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: Chance - by Tobi - 01-25-2019, 08:40 AM
RE: Chance - by lindseybee - 01-28-2019, 12:05 PM
RE: Chance - by Catherine - 01-28-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: Chance - by Tobi - 01-29-2019, 03:11 AM