The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The trend continues
So it looks like we are inherenting my aunt’s bird, KK.  My dad’s sister has been trying to get me to take her sun conure, KK, for the past few years.  She hasn’t been able to give her as much attention and time to her and has been looking for someone capable of taking care of her.  So we came up to Cincinnati, Ohio this weekend to have a mini vacation.  We went to the Horror Hound convention and to see my cousins 5 week old baby.  So I had a feeling she was really going to try and get us to take KK this time.  My husband and I have been talking about wanting to get a bird eventually we just wanted to wait for the right time.  So it really wasn’t that long to convince us to take her.  Ever since we got married I’ve told Kasey about being able to take KK so he’s been well aware of how much I want her and how easy it would be to get her.  It was just a matter of know if we had time or not.
So we got here and of course it started.  My aunt had me take KK out Saturday morning and kept encouraging me to spend time with her.  This was of course to get me to bond with her so I would be more likely to take her.  I of course wanted to spend time with her because I love all animals.  She preceded to climb from my hand to my shoulder and started grooming, nibbling, and licking my face. After a while she snuggled under my chin and started to go to sleep.  At that point my heart melted and Kasey was going to have to talk me out of taking KK if he wasn’t ready to take her.  I did give him plenty of opportunity to say no and I didn’t push it.  Honest!  I think we both knew it was inevitable though.  He’s actually brought up wanting a bird more than I have so it was going to happen.
She’s giving us everything to care of her at no cost.  I immediately started researching sun conure care before my aunt even started telling me her basic care lol.  So when she was telling me her care and I was already able to spout sun conure care and what not to do she knew she knew KK was in good hands.
KK is 13 so she still has a good number of years left. I’ve seen numbers between 3-50 years so with any luck she will have a good long life with us. She’s in great health so hopefully this transition won’t mess her up too much. My hope is since she’s already bonding with me and will have all of her things that she will transition pretty well.

This was when KK was starting to snuggle.
https://www.instagram.com/myparadog/p/Bv...jp4yncol2f

Here is KK grooming me.  It tickles so much!!
https://www.instagram.com/myparadog/p/Bv...s3skr179ft

Messages In This Thread
The trend continues - by Libby - 03-18-2019, 12:52 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Catslave - 03-18-2019, 04:22 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-18-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Libby - 03-19-2019, 11:57 AM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-19-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Libby - 03-20-2019, 11:49 AM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-20-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Libby - 03-23-2019, 05:14 AM
RE: The trend continues - by Catherine - 03-23-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: The trend continues - by Tobi - 04-19-2019, 06:54 AM