Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Researchers add human genes to monkey brains
I agree with you. I don't think any good can come from this. It leads us towards unethical standards in research. We are already struggling with the fact that we use animals in research. It does put a shadow on anything we learn. This experiment puts a big shadow on any research results. 

There was and still is a real struggle over Nazi research data. It was obtained from work done on unconsenting live humans, many of whom died. I found a good article about the subject.

http://theconversation.com/is-it-ethical...ents-39928

There is no easy answer here. It is not right to use the data obtained, but it is tempting to want to use it. It can seem like a benefit and a good thing. Can we use the data without harming ourselves ethically? I don't think we can use it without harming ourselves.

This monkey/human hybrid research creates an ethical dilemma. I don't think it is a direction we should go. Any seeming benefits are over shadowed by the way the information is obtained. It does matter where we learn things and how.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Researchers add human genes to monkey brains - by Catherine - 04-15-2019, 03:26 PM