The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog drowns in pet store pool
A pet store in China has a heated pool and dog owners can pay to let their dog have a swim. In this case the dog was a French Bull Dog. The owner filmed the dog while it struggled, not realizing at first that it was drowning. When she realized something was wrong she called a store staff, but they reacted too slowly and the dog died.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6911011/Dog-drowns-pet-shop-exercise-pool-unwitting-owner-films-struggling-dogs-breaths.html

I did watch the video and I thought the dog looked like it was drowning the moment it was placed in the water. It wasn't swimming, it was desperately trying to keep its head above water. It must have become too tired with the struggle to keep it up. 
The poor dog must have been scared and confused that its person did this and did nothing to help. 

The idea of a dog pool is good, but like everything, one size does not fit all. The water was a little deep for a small dog and this dog clearly could not swim. Like any good idea it needs to be regulated and refined more. I am glad the store is accepting responsibility. It won't be easy for the dog's owner. She stood and watched her dog drown. That is not going to be easy to live with.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Dog drowns in pet store pool - by Catherine - 04-13-2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Dog drowns in pet store pool - by Tobi - 04-14-2019, 02:18 AM
RE: Dog drowns in pet store pool - by Catherine - 04-14-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: Dog drowns in pet store pool - by Tobi - 04-15-2019, 12:12 AM
RE: Dog drowns in pet store pool - by Catherine - 04-15-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Dog drowns in pet store pool - by Tobi - 04-16-2019, 02:45 AM
RE: Dog drowns in pet store pool - by Catherine - 04-16-2019, 02:48 PM