The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plant Blindness
This is a direction we don't usually go, but plants are part of the environment and they make up the habitat that animals live in. If we care about animals we have to care about plants too.
I know it is a long article, but it is worth reading.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20190425...t-disorder

Having read this I think I understand how some people seem to be environmentally blind. If you don't recognize plants you don't recognize the whole of the environment. People like that can care about polar bears that have lost their ice flows, but they don't understand climate change and the environment as a whole. To understand and care about climate change you have to accept all life and value it. It is all part of a big picture that would be incomplete without plants or any other forms of life.

So we don't just need to encourage people to care about animals, we have to encourage them to care about the trees and all other forms of vegetation. Respecting the Earth means respecting all parts of the Earth.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Plant Blindness - by Catherine - 04-29-2019, 03:29 PM
RE: Plant Blindness - by Tobi - 05-04-2019, 08:27 AM
RE: Plant Blindness - by Catherine - 05-04-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: Plant Blindness - by Tobi - 05-05-2019, 02:37 AM
RE: Plant Blindness - by Catherine - 05-05-2019, 03:44 PM