Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greyhounds used in canine blood bank facilities
It is horrible what they do to these dogs. After all they have been through as racing dogs, they get abused again as blood donors. There is something creepy about keeping a supply of dogs and harvesting their blood. It is like something out of a horror film.
You are right, if other places can manage on donated blood, why can't California. I am sure there are people with healthy dogs who would be happy to make regular donations to keep canine blood banks stocked. The blood would be coming from healthy dogs and it would be of more benefit to the dog receiving the blood. So many of the greyhounds did not look well enough to give blood.

In California they have found a way to make a profit from blood donation which should be a charity and they have found a way to make a profit from rehoming greyhounds because they use them as blood donors first. I am sure many of the dogs don't live long enough to be adopted. Everyone involved in this should be ashamed of what they do.

I hope they can shut them down.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greyhounds used in canine blood bank facilities - by Catherine - 05-14-2019, 02:17 PM