The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Murder of crows/the murder of crows
A group of crows together is called a murder of crows. However the article I found is about the murder of crows. 
There is a real controversy raging in the UK about the shooting of birds and the impact of birds on agriculture.
It is a long article so I won't try and summarize it. It goes into the issue of shooting crows and related species and the whole released pheasant hunting and wildlife conservation/management in England.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...d-killings

I can see it is a heated issue. There is a lot of misinformation about the role of various birds and there impact on the environment. I am glad they are questioning the hunting of crows. They may seem to be a culprit in animal deaths, but I think the issue needs to be examined more. Crows do serve as a clean up crew for dead animals and we might find we miss that if we end up with too few crows. This is a complicated issue, but I personally side with the crows. I think they do far more good than harm.

If farmers are worried about their newborn lambs, why don't they protect them with dogs?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
A Murder of crows/the murder of crows - by Catherine - 05-16-2019, 04:26 PM