The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Princess Leia's Last Day
Sad to be posting here.  It's 8am cst.  My last lone rat, Leia, likely won’t make it though the day.  She’s stopped eating and this morning when I checked on her she was very cold.  Her body has started to give up.

I’ve picked her up and have her in a towel and a soft fleece blanket.  She had a huge tumor covering her back end.  Up until about a month ago she was still able to walk around pretty well.  She was slower and stumbled around but has kept going.  She doesn't let anything slow her down.  She’s was 1.5 yrs when I took her and her 2 sisters in 1.5 years ago.  Both sisters passed last year, Rey in April and Padme in May, so she’s been alone for the past year.  This week she hasn’t even been able to scoot and only 6-8 centimeters.  Just enough to reach her bed, food, and water.  She's been more willing to accept help but I think she just figured out how to ask for help and is using me as a butler.  I’ve had to keep her clean with morning and night cleanings.  But she’s had great spirit.  She’s been on meds that have helped with pain but it was still only a matter of time.

She wakes up enough to reach for my thumb every 15 minutes or so... it's getting more infrequent.

I was told to up her dosage so it will relax her but it will likely make pass in her sleep.  Bullet is snuggled up with her.  He's very warm so I know she's very thankful.

You second guess every decision at the end.

Let me just say that CBD oil is a gift from God!

Rey only lasted 3 days on meds after she showed signs of illness.  Padme lasted 2 weeks on meds.  Leia on CBD and meds has made it 7 months.  Making her nearly 3.5yrs.  Not a bad lifespan for a rat. 

I haven’t taken pictures of her since she developed the tumors.  I didn’t want to remember her like that.  So this is my favorite picture from the first night I brought Leia and her sisters home.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxhwN3oh8qP/
^^ This is how I want to remember her ^^
Chewing on my favorite Dungeons & Dragons dice set

She passed away at 10:30 am cst. She was snuggled up in my lap as she took her last breathe.

Messages In This Thread
My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Libby - 05-17-2019, 02:19 AM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Tobi - 05-17-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Catherine - 05-17-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by LPC - 05-17-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Catslave - 05-18-2019, 09:27 PM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Libby - 05-24-2019, 11:57 AM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Catherine - 05-24-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Libby - 05-31-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Catherine - 05-31-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by omarlopez - 04-17-2020, 03:16 AM
RE: My Princess Leia's Last Day - by Catherine - 04-17-2020, 03:18 PM