Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first baby snakes of the year! WOW!!
My Brazilian Rainbow Boa will be three this July. My snake is much bigger than another one from the same clutch. The difference is enough for me to think I have a female. I am going to get the reptile guy to probe her. It has just been to cool to take her outside. The one I have has the better colouring so it would be great if I could breed her. There is an unrelated male at the reptile centre. If she is big enough I would try breeding her this year.

This seems to be a good link.

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatreptil...PdHzndFwRM

You will notice how long gestation is. It will feel like forever.

Corn snakes are easy. They don't need to be cooled and they lay their eggs all around the same time of the year.
However the eggs can dry out or mold very easily so it isn't so simple. I use clean peat moss and it has to be just moist enough. I cover the eggs with clean damp New Zealand Sphagnum moss. The container has to be very clean and the incubator has to be warm enough and humid enough. It takes 9 weeks or less for the eggs to hatch.

Then the fun begins. Baby snakes don't eat right away and getting them started eating takes practice.   I ignored my baby stripes when they first started looking hungry. It was hard to wait, but when I finally offered food they all ate right away. Food offered too soon can put them off eating and then it is easy to lose them. They are delicate at first.

Baby Boas are bigger and much stronger.

You are going to have fun when your girls start breeding. You will want to sort out your incubator and make sure it works as soon as the ball pythons breed. No matter how you plan it they will lay their eggs at the worst possible time.
I get egg boxes ready ahead of time sometimes and my egg laying containers as well. You will need a big bag of clean peat moss. It is the best thing for eggs. It doesn't mold and it holds moisture.

I can't wait for my next clutch to hatch.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: The first baby snakes of the year! WOW!! - by Catherine - 06-05-2019, 02:56 PM