The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declawing is actually an amputation.
I saw a declawing performed about 45 years ago and I knew it was an amputation procedure then. I am glad the veterinary associations are finally admitting it. (We won't ask what took them so long) Since declawing is an amputation and serves no good medical purpose, it really can't be medically justified. It causes a lot of suffering and sometimes the pain is chronic.
In the light of this admission it makes sense to ban declawing and make it illegal.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5354534/decla...d-experts/

What doesn't make sense is why it is taking so long to make it illegal. It doesn't make sense that not all veterinary associations have condemned it. Yes there is progress being made, but it is slow and inconsistent. 
I hope making things public like this article has done will serve to motivate the veterinary associations and individual vets to refuse do the surgery. Something needs to be done. It is a cruel operation and they have always known it is a cruel operation.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Declawing is actually an amputation. - by Catherine - 06-08-2019, 03:13 PM
RE: Declawing is actually an amputation. - by LPC - 06-09-2019, 10:27 PM