Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Canadian Rescues that welcome visitors
There are some really good rescues, shelters and rescue programs happening in Canada. 

There is a special turtle rescue to help our native turtles.

https://www.mykawartha.com/community-sta...uma-centre

This is one of many rescues that specialize in a particular kind of animal.
We need rescues for wildlife and for abandoned/unwanted pets. We have both in need in some places.

I can see why you would have donkey sanctuaries in the UK. You have used donkeys for various things over the years. Donkeys were used for giving rides weren't they. They were used in coal mining too.

I am glad your neighbour's donkey went to a sanctuary, but it is too bad you don't get to see him around. Donkeys are sweet. I seldom ever see one. I think they were not used as much as horses. We do have horses.
I hope we have horse sanctuaries. We certainly need them.

The wolf dog thing is so sad. The dogs in the TV show were trained performers. We only saw the image the show wanted us to see.
The real wolf dogs could never measure up to the imaginary relationship the dogs in the show had. So right from the start people are going to be disappointed in their pet. I think wolf dogs are not a simple pet to live with. They would have a lot of energy and they would require an experienced dog owner.  Anyone with enough experience would know not to get a wolf dog.

If they can't rehome them, I hope they can at least give them good lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Six Canadian Rescues that welcome visitors - by Catherine - 09-12-2019, 02:42 PM