Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Slaughter "tradition" in Yucatan
Quote:This festival is, to put it bluntly, debased and extremely cruel. It is even more disturbing to read that children are taken to these displays of extreme cruelty.
Quote:How awful that children are being conditioned into thinking cruelty like this is "normal".
Every one of these nasty festivals that we read about involves bringing the children. I think it is a form of child abuse to expose children to such brutal violence. It would effect them for the rest of their lives. Of course the result is that they will bring their children and the cycle continues.

I fear that such brutal slaughters will only really stop when we stop exposing children to them.

Maybe the children could be educated to see the "festivals" for what they are.
I was shown a seal slaughter video by my French teacher when I was ten. It was a brutal film, but it was done to show the brutality for what it is. It made me aware of how wrong such slaughters are and how violent and cruel they are. I suppose if I had been taken to participate in the slaughter the effect would have been different. It is something to think about if you are educating children.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animal Slaughter "tradition" in Yucatan - by Catherine - 09-12-2019, 02:54 PM