Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tired dog triggers lake district rescue
I have used those little emergency thermal blankets. They do look like tinfoil and  they make a crinkling sound like tinfoil. I took one winter camping (Canadian winter) and all night long it was krinkle, krinkle, krinkle. My tent mates did not love me by morning. Smiley4 

They are so light weight that they can be carried in a pocket. I like the idea of a poncho that can make a small tent. Even carrying a high calorie, high energy snack would help. Of course a warm drink would have helped and an extra sweater or a dog coat.

They were right to call search and rescue. They were is real danger. The search and rescue people were probably glad to have a rescue that was sure to have a happy ending.
Driving them home after was a nice touch.

This does show how important it is to be prepared for the conditions that exist and could exist. Always prepare for something going wrong. The dog tired sooner than expected. If they could have rested and eaten something they probably would have made it on their own.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tired dog triggers lake district rescue - by Catherine - 09-18-2019, 02:00 PM