The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTS Senior Animal Rescue
There is a rescue group in Alberta that believes in giving pets a new leash on life. ARTS Senior Animal Rescue takes in older cats and dogs from all over Alberta. Their volunteers look after them and work to find the right home for these older pets who find themselves homeless in their senior years. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6035192/alber...nior-pets/

They recognize that older pets still have a lot of love to give. It may be fun to adopt a kitten or puppy, but when you take in an older pet you  are doing an act of kindness to an animal that needs you. These older pets are wonderful and loving and even though they have less years ahead of them, they can be very good years.
For a person who is older taking an older pet might make more sense than having a young pet. You would understand each other.

I love the dedication of these people. I have taken in older guinea pigs and it was worth it. The 15 months I had with Rosie were so much fun. I have never regretted adopting her.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
ARTS Senior Animal Rescue - by Catherine - 10-16-2019, 03:14 PM
RE: ARTS Senior Animal Rescue - by Tobi - 10-24-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: ARTS Senior Animal Rescue - by Catherine - 10-24-2019, 03:59 PM