Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man registers a bee hive as an emotional support animal
To a great extent, all our animals are "emotional support" animals, where there is love anyway. They help us feel better, happier, stronger, more able to cope. And they most often feel the same way about us.

But I have to agree with you Catherine.
There are trained dogs for instance who work with retired military personnel, who are suffering extreme PTSD. Those are "emotional support" animals, as are those who help and support those with anxiety, depression, or autism, etc. But they are trained service dogs in most cases.

I did hear of a case where the dog was not a trained service dog, and was an incredible support to a little boy with autism, helping him to come out of his shell. A book was written about it: "Cowboy and Wills" by Monica Holloway. That was a case of Love, not of a trained dog.

There are probably many other cases  where the love of an animal helps and heals someone.

But I can see how this could be abused, perhaps without that intent by the person registering their animal. To them, the animal helps them emotionally, but a "Service Dog" is something else.

These applications can minimise the work of a true Service animal, I think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man registers a bee hive as an emotional support animal - by Tobi - 12-19-2019, 10:28 AM