Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imported puppy dies days after arrival
I know for sure there were puppies born at the shelter this summer. I saw them while I was gardening. They were so cute and full of energy. They would have been a great pet for the woman. 

I also just did a quick search for puppies available in Ontario. There are a number of sites with listings and some sound like small breeders who have one litter and the parents are pets. There were even toy poodle puppies just like hers, available locally. 
It sounds like you can go to the home, meet the parents and see the puppies with mom and take the puppy directly with no shipping involved. If the puppies are too young you can choose one and arrange to pick it up later. 
There might be some puppy mill ads on the different sites so a little research might be needed. Clearly there are puppies, even toy poodle puppies, available in Ontario.

There was no excuse for shipping a puppy from South Korea. That couldn't possibly be a good thing for the puppy. If they are shipping puppies overseas then they are clearly a puppy mill.  Small local breeders sell locally. They don't ship their puppies halfway around the world. No one could afford to send someone with the puppy on a long expensive flight and she was silly to believe that.

I wonder about the puppy. It was the size you would expect a toy poodle puppy to be, but the vet said it was much younger. So, it was probably not a toy poodle, it was a younger miniature poodle being passed off as a toy. Everything about his was wrong and now a young puppy is dead. The puppy mill will keep on breeding its dogs because people keep buying the dogs.

If it stops being profitable then they will stop doing it. We can stop puppy mills by refusing to buy from them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imported puppy dies days after arrival - by Catherine - 02-01-2020, 04:07 PM