Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man rescues 100 dogs abandoned because of the pandemic
I managed to read it in French and I only looked up two words. I couldn't have translated it to English, but I think my comprehension was pretty good. It  did help that I knew what the article would be about. I really should practice my French more.

I think there are a lot of places where people are abandoning their animals because of the pandemic. I can understand that some people have to give up their animals because they are so desperate financially. Some people are homeless themselves. Although many homeless people keep their pets with them. Still, they don't need to abandon them. There are shelters that will take pets. Even though they are swamped with animals they try not to turn any away.

It is a whole different problem when people are scared their pets will give them the virus. That isn't happening. The virus is being transmitted human to human. It is wrong to turn animals away out of  fear. People are fearing the wrong things. 
They would be safer if they stayed home and let their pets keep them company.

I just hope there are people to rescue animals everywhere that they need rescuing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man rescues 100 dogs abandoned because of the pandemic - by Catherine - 04-06-2020, 03:50 PM