The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a pet's last days count
This is not an easy topic, but I know from experience that we sometimes know that the end of a pet's life is near. When a pet is very old and there are signs that they are failing, then I know that time is limited. I found an article that makes helpful suggestions and openly talks about the time before the loss.  It suggests things I hadn't thought of doing. 

https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/2020/06...-and-fido/

I feel better knowing someone else goes through a pre-loss period. I know when a pet is dying. Sometimes there is nothing I can do to stop it. Our pets grow old and leave us. I like the idea of having a special day or actually telling a pet what they mean to me. I know I start a "watch" when the end is in sight. I check on the pet frequently and let them know I am there for them. When you have spent a lot of years with a pet you want to be there for them, but you also want the end to be something you can remember with peace. It is good to think about it and have a plan. We can't do much about the actual ending, but we can control the time  before. Because that time is short, it is all the more precious.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Making a pet's last days count - by Catherine - 06-16-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: Making a pet's last days count - by Catherine - 06-20-2020, 05:00 PM