Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventilation shut down used to "depopulate" farm animals
It is not just the fact that it is not illegal, it is also allowed by the American Veterinary Association guidelines. They use the term depopulation to describe the rapid destruction of a whole population of animals. Ventilation shut down is an allowed method of depopulation.  The actual guideline was probably meant to deal with disease outbreaks in the animals and the need to kill them all quickly. They are allowing this method to be used on healthy animals. The method is so cruel that it should not matter why the animals are being killed. It is just too cruel to use under any circumstances.

I can't imagine what kind of person thought of this as an acceptable method to kill animals. It is a prolonged and horrible death. These are healthy animals. They should not be killed at all. If our system does not allow animals a chance to live then  the whole system is broken. I am glad this is illegal in Europe and the UK.

I don't think Canada would allow this. I am not sure though.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ventilation shut down used to "depopulate" farm animals - by Catherine - 07-29-2020, 03:24 PM