The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Sharing? Could it work?
I came across an interesting article by a woman who wants to share a dog with another household. Literally, the dog would have two homes. It would be shared by both those homes. Some time would be with one family and then the rest of the time with the other family. She makes a good case and she finds examples of people who have done it.
It would split the costs and the dog probably would get more attention since people only see it half the time.
She does consult experts and they are not against it. 

https://www.thecut.com/article/can-i-int...share.html

I can see some ways in which this would work. If an older person wanted a dog and shared it with a younger family the dog could still get the exercise it needs with the younger more energetic family. Also the fear of outliving a pet would be resolved. If the older person dies, the pet would continue  with the younger family.

Two younger families seem like an odd idea for a dog share. Or do they. Young families are often very busy. They might find it hard to look after a dog. If they only had the dog some of the time they would be able to look after the dog properly. If they have to be away there is no problem finding someone to care for the dog. He just stays with his other family while they are away. 
I don't think every dog could handle this, but I am sure there are special dogs that would thrive on this kind of a life.

Does this seem like a good idea?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Dog Sharing? Could it work? - by Catherine - 08-19-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Dog Sharing? Could it work? - by LPC - 08-19-2020, 08:07 PM
RE: Dog Sharing? Could it work? - by Catherine - 08-20-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: Dog Sharing? Could it work? - by Catslave - 08-21-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Dog Sharing? Could it work? - by Catherine - 08-21-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: Dog Sharing? Could it work? - by Tobi - 08-24-2020, 08:33 AM
RE: Dog Sharing? Could it work? - by Catherine - 08-24-2020, 04:03 PM