Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French President bans glue trap hunting
I was shocked to hear about hunting with glue traps. I can't imagine anyone defending it. Of course we still have leg hold traps in North America and many people defend them. I know supposed animal lovers who wear fur from coyotes caught with leg hold traps.

I am glad the glue trapping only takes place in a small area of France. Maybe a one year ban will be enough  to change things.  It would give the EU time to act. 

I am tired of tradition being used as an excuse for things that should never have been done in the first place. If an action is clearly wrong, how does calling it a tradition make it right. Is it wrong to trap a small animal on glue and cause it pain and distress? I would be uncomfortable around anyone who does not see such cruelty as wrong.  I think we humans need to look at all our traditions and see if they are products of a much more barbarous time. Human history is full of shockingly cruel things. We need to leave them all behind. We are better people than that or at least we should want to be better.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: French President bans glue trap hunting - by Catherine - 08-31-2020, 04:03 PM