The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It happened again...
So I got KK (Killer Kiwi) my sun conure March of 2019.  She was my aunts bird and she hand raised her from 2 months old.  This year KK will be 14.  This year I’ve been worried about her and even thinking about getting her a companion.  At one point she started plucking but this was also deep in shut down so I think she was picking up on my stress.  But once I got my new work from home job KK has been doing great and I haven’t thought much more about a companion since I’m home she see’s me all the time.  Well... Friday morning I’m tagged on a Facebook post in a Nashville Exotic Bird group.  A beautiful green cheek conure, Olive, is needing a new home because her owner is unable to spend enough time with her anymore.  I’m tagged in post like this a lot but not 2 minutes after I get a message from my dog sitter friend.  She knows the breeder who hand raised Olive and she’s already talk to her about Olive and mentioned me and that I regularly take in animals with similar back stories, also that I work from home...

...Olive’s owner is 16 in high school and active in multiple school activities so she was having less and less time for Olive.  Olive was get sad and started plucking.  Right now she’s plucked most of her feathers out except her wings and what on her head... I should say previous owner now lol because Olive and KK are now across from each other getting used to seeing each other.  So far so good.  They are looking at each other and I’ve heard them squawking at each other.  I’ve set Olive up and KK for the night and checked on them a few times but once dark hits KK is a sleepy bird and Olive seems to be the same so they are quite now.

When I met Olive I was told about her biting issues.  That she’s gotten more aggressive about it too recently.  I gave it time and offered my hand a few times but once I was shown how to pet her and she realized how good I was at it,  she hopped on my shoulder pretty quick after that.  Over the course of an hour she started grooming me and snuggled in my neck.  Which I was told numerous times she just doesn’t do.  Olive normally just attacks people she doesn’t know or trust which is limited to her previous owner, her dad, and now me Smile

So this will be interesting getting them used to each other.  More to come! I’ll get pictures tomorrow too.  It was so dark when I got home and KK will not go back in her cage right now for me to get Olive out.  She’s a spoiled brat for sure.

Welcome to the family Olive!

Messages In This Thread
It happened again... - by Libby - 11-02-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Catherine - 11-02-2020, 04:26 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Libby - 11-03-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Libby - 11-03-2020, 03:17 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Catherine - 11-03-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Libby - 11-04-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Catherine - 11-04-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Libby - 11-08-2020, 09:15 AM
RE: It happened again... - by Catherine - 11-08-2020, 05:32 PM
RE: It happened again... - by Libby - 12-02-2020, 01:26 AM