Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, I got the water dragon
That is a lot to take in. I love the way your research works. You follow the word and see where it takes you. That is one of the things I love about the internet. 
You can start with a word and  it will take you round the globe, back through history and then  back to science and the present.

Naming takes time. I am getting to know her and I want a name that works for her.
She is good about being held. She is quite young and clearly hand raised.  The reptile center gets its reptiles from local breeders and from a guy who gets reptiles from local breeders on a province wide level and redistributes them.  My little girl is very tame. I haven't held her much because I wanted her to have time to settle in and feel secure. She is making use of her whole tank. I always consider that a good sign.  Every part of the tank is interesting to her. I know she uses her water dish for swimming because  I have to change the water regularly.

I hadn't planned to get a baby water dragon. I was going to rehome an older one. Once I became part of her life, I wanted this water dragon.
I don't think she associates me with food yet. That will take time. She is comfortable around me and that is important.  I took on a baby Sudan Plated Lizard          6 months ago and there is no sign of him getting used to me or taming in any way. I should do a lizard post to catch you up on what I have now.
It took forever to name him and the baby beardie. I will get pictures and introduce them all. Their tanks are side by side so it is my lizard corner.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Yes, I got the water dragon - by Catherine - 11-22-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Yes, I got the water dragon - by Libby - 11-27-2020, 11:51 AM
RE: Yes, I got the water dragon - by Catherine - 11-27-2020, 02:17 PM
RE: Yes, I got the water dragon - by Catherine - 12-01-2020, 04:29 PM
RE: Yes, I got the water dragon - by Libby - 12-03-2020, 06:09 AM
RE: Yes, I got the water dragon - by Catherine - 12-03-2020, 04:34 PM