Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog walkers harassed during the lockdown
It's terrible that dog walkers are being harassed in Toronto!
They are indeed, providing an essential service. Many ill or disabled people can't walk their dogs. Those who can, could easily walk their own, even during lockdown, as daily exercise is allowed.

But why should the dog walking services be stopped just because of the virus? That makes no sense. There is safe social contact when picking up dogs, and if the dog walker wears a face mask when meeting the dogs' people and gloves to hold the leads, then I can't see any danger!

Yes, you're right that dog grooming services also should be allowed to operate. Not cutting a dog's toenails, or allowing its fur to become tangled and matted is a form of cruelty. Not all dog caretakers have the abilty to do these things.
It helps of course, if people can learn how to do these things safely. I am sure there are tutorials online to help people who are unsure? And grooming equipment such as clippers etc can be easily bought from pet stores online or perhaps from Amazon.

But still, there will be many who can't do it, so these services are also essential, I think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog walkers harassed during the lockdown - by Tobi - 01-27-2021, 03:32 AM