The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PETA calls for us to stop using animal names as slurs
PETA is calling on people to stop using the names of animal species as slurs and insults. That means not calling someone a rat or a dog or a pig.
If someone is a coward, call them a coward, don't say they are chicken. 

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) wants humans to stop using animal words as “slurs” in what it says is a “speciesist” and “supremacist” use of language.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7604624/peta-animal-name-insults/

I think I already stopped using animal names as insults because it didn't feel right.
Some of the people criticizing the campaign are missing the point. They point out that the animals don't know we are using their names as insults. They are right about that, but the campaign isn't about the animals. It is about our attitude towards the animals. When we use the word pig as an insult, how does that effect our attitude towards actual pigs? Maybe if we respected pigs we wouldn't feel comfortable using the word as an insult.

This campaign may need a little work before people understand it, but I think they are on the right track.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
PETA calls for us to stop using animal names as slurs - by Catherine - 01-30-2021, 06:09 PM