Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs 'jumping up in greeting' constitutes a threat??
(09-14-2014, 09:04 PM)Tobi Wrote: The amended "Dangerous Dogs Act" came into force May 13 2014 in UK.

http://www.nawt.org.uk/advice/changes-da...ice-owners

Under the law "a dog does not have to bite to be deemed dangerous." ".....even if the dog does not bite, but gives the person grounds to feel that the dog may injure them, the law still applies."
This is open to so much subjective interpretation, that in my view, as it stands, it cannot be grounds for a law.
"....the Act also covers incidents on private property in addition to public spaces. This includes your own house and both front and back gardens."

While there are parts of the amended law that certainly make sense, this is open to all sorts of abuses and misinterpretation of dogs' behaviour. I have been 'jumped up on' by at least a dozen friendly lovely dogs since the 13th May....got mud on me....shared (ewww!) in whatever the dog had been rolling in...got licked....took it all in good part and came home and scrubbed my hands -just because of the way I feel about dogs. But to abuse this law, all it takes is a cantankerous person in their Sunday best, who hates dogs.....

(quotes from the webpage on N.A.W.T.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs 'jumping up in greeting' constitutes a threat?? - by Tobi - 09-14-2014, 09:12 PM