Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea Lion pushed back in water to face killer Orcas
There is another point. A few commentators said that the lady was scared that the orcas might have attacked her boat, tipping it over, if the sea lion had stayed on board. That is blatantly false, for three reasons:

If she was genuinely scared, she would not have filmed the whole incident! Where did she find the time to hold a smartphone and keep on walking around her boat, showing the circling orcas and the sea lion over and over? A person who was really frightened wouldn't have spent so long filming everything. I even wonder whether she staged the whole incident, to gain video watches. That would make her actions even more objectionable: a sea lion is torn to pieces just to get video views on TikTok!

Experts on orca behaviour state that orcas simply do not try to tip large boats such as the one in the video. So she was never in any danger with the sea lion on board.

Why didn't she just start the motor? Usually the sound of that is enough to make the orcas move back a bit. Plus the motor on the boat is a large powerful one. She could have got going, with the sea lion on board, and reached land easily.

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had betrayed such a beautiful creature to such a painful death!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sea Lion pushed back in water to face killer Orcas - by LPC - 09-30-2021, 09:39 PM