The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canned hunting ranches in Texas
Canned hunting ranches are places where people pay to kill a captive, usually exotic animal.  This article is a detailed description of one such hunting ranch.
It is interesting and troubling, but it is worth reading. The owners of the ranch itself are not so easy to understand. They care about the animals, but many of them have a price. For that price anyone can kill the animal. The whole idea of the ranch is troubling.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021...aroo-zebra

What I find most disturbing is the people who pay to kill an animal.  They pay thousands of dollars to kill a caged animal. That hardly makes them hunters. 
I wouldn't want to know someone like that. The idea of the ranch as a family outing is very odd. The children are supposed to play with the tame animals while dad shoots a caged animal. The thought of it is disturbing.

More disturbing is the fact that this is one of many ranches. Some of them are probably not so animal friendly (if that phrase can be applied to a hunting ranch).
There is obviously a market for canned hunting. How many people are there that would want to shoot an animal in a cage? I fear the number is way to high.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Canned hunting ranches in Texas - by Catherine - 09-29-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: Canned hunting ranches in Texas - by LPC - 09-29-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: Canned hunting ranches in Texas - by LPC - 09-30-2021, 09:17 PM