The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attentive neighbours save abandoned dog
Smile 
The neighbours across the road from one of my seniors, moved on the weekend. They took everything and did not say goodbye. A very caring person next door thought she could hear their dog even though they were gone. She watched the house and looked in the windows and thought she saw him.

She made the right phone calls and the police showed up. They checked things over. Clearly no one was there, but they thought they could see a dog. The same officer came by in the morning when it was light and the dog was at the window. So he canvased the street and made sure the owners really were gone.

As he was leaving he said don't worry something will happen soon.

He was back right away with another set of officers. They really tried to get in. Then they sent for a Sargent and I do not know how she got in, but as soon as the door was open all six(the number just kept getting bigger) went in. I guess they had to search the place, but they soon came out with the dog on a leash, his tail wagging. He was just so happy to see them. You could see he was looking at them with adoration and joy. He happily got in the police car and they took him off the to rescue where he will be fed and cared for.

I doubt they will find the owners, but he can be adopted out to a loving family. He is a nice dog and deserves the best. Good thing the next door neighbour checked when she thought she heard a sound. I doubt he had much food or water left with him.
If I hear any more about him I will let you know. It was wonderful to see how concerned the police were about this dog. They were determined to rescue him. I love the fact that they ended up with six of them trying to get in and save him. Well done Toronto Police.18
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Attentive neighbours save abandoned dog - by Catherine - 12-19-2013, 01:10 PM