Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALWF--First Anniversary!
Quote:Welcome
Welcome to the Animal Lovers Web Forum. We are the rebirth of the Animal Lovers Web.com Forums. After six years the forum crashed and we have lost our archives, but we will rebuild. So welcome back former members. You will have to reregister. Even I had to reregister.
And welcome to new members. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Catherine
Administrator

With these words I made the first post on our new site and the Animal Lovers Web Forum was born. All the work leading up to it was preparation. With the first post we started out a new forum history. The old forum may be our roots, but we are not the old forum. We have a life of our own. After many posts we have our own archives.

I am proud of what we have done and I thank you all for being a part of it. I look forward to a lively future. We have so many good members with good ideas. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your pets. I can count on you to come up with things I never thought of and ideas that I have never heard before. We are a great bunch of animal lovers and I am so lucky to have encountered you. I love you all.Heart

Just for the record, I didn't actually have to register like the rest of you. Since I downloaded the software, I was preregistered. But look at my registration date.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Hooray, one year! Congratulations, Catherine! May there be many more wonderful years! Let's celebrate this great event:

Yes well done to all. A whole year!! It still feels very new to me, but it also feels like home.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Our official One Year Anniversary! Very best wishes to everyone, and a big thanks for Animal Lovers Web Forum!

What a stunning Fireworks display LPC! I love the way the pyrotechnics are choreographed to fit exactly with the music. It's beautifully done. Thank you so much for finding this video!
It took me a while to find, but I thought that it was the best I could discover in a reasonable time searching. BTW, please do repost the fireworks picture (which you posted earlier on a different thread) here!
That fireworks display is beyond impressive. I am speechless, but it did move me to tears it was so beautiful.
Thank-you. It is a wonderful tribute the Animals Lovers Web Forum.

When I made the first post, I was so tired I fell into bed to get some sleep at last. When I logged back in later and saw all the members registered and posts made, I think the fireworks express how I felt.

It is our Forum, we have worked for it and I am proud of us. Thank-you all for being a part of our community. Thank-you for caring. Heart
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

YES! WE MADE IT!
Catherine

Tobi seems to be offline again, so I am reposting her wonderful gif display:

(11-22-2014, 07:57 AM)Tobi Wrote: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANIMAL LOVERS WEB FORUM!
[Image: graphics-fireworks-091422.gif][Image: graphics-fireworks-399589.gif][Image: graphics-fireworks-432653.gif][Image: graphics-fireworks-896326.gif][Image: graphics-fireworks-874396.gif][Image: graphics-fireworks-852631.gif][Image: graphics-fireworks-372565.gif]

Thank you Catherine, Bock, and everyone for what you have all done to keep this forum thriving.
Thank-you. We couldn't have done it without you. You were the person who told me to rebuild the Forum. With your help and the help of all our members we have created a new forum, with a history.

We kept the good parts. We were always a kind, welcoming and polite forum and we have brought that with us. All the rest we have built together on this site.

That first day all I could see was the need to get one post done so people could find us. I certainly had no idea of us celebrating a first anniversary.
It feels good. [Image: t2036.gif]
Catherine

Having read the previous posts, I write this post through teary eyes:
CONGRATULATIONS CATHERINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you and happy for you, words can't really express!!!![Image: 0002025D.gif]
Wow, I can't believe a whole year has gone by.
You know what they say: "Time flies when you're having fun", and this past year has been just that!! I am confident the years to come will be filled with laughter [and a few tears] but will we all be here to share in the joy [and sorrow] together!!
I know there were a few hiccups along the way, but I never met a kinder, more compassionate group of people in my life. You all worked together in such a way that few others could match.
So here's looking at you babe: [Image: 23_28_125.gif]
Your baby's first birthday. A very special day indeed!!!!!!!!birthday-dancer.gifSmiley58Thumbsupsmileyanim
I can't wait to see what the coming year has in store...................

P.S. Tobi and LPC: excellent job on the fireworks!!!!! Me likey Smiley42
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Thanks LPC....I got a bit carried away with those gifs! Big Grin
Although I think the video is far more stunning! At least all our fireworks are pretty pet-friendly!