Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trauma Dog Helps Girl Testify
Once again dogs are our Guardian Angels. This little girl was traumatized and she needed to testify against her father. Hawk, a trained Trauma Dog stayed with her and comforted her during her testimony.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tr...-1.2857825

This is part of a trend to use dogs to help us with a great many problems. I don't know what kind of training a dog needs to do this, but I do hope they train more because there is a lot of need for dogs to help people.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is a wonderful idea. I bet it doesn't take much training with the right dog. They really seem to know us better than we know ourselves sometimes.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
They do, Cibach.
And their willingness to accompany us and help us with their unconditional love through anything we have to endure -is remarkable.
But this kind of work can take its toll on a dog apparently. They are very empathetic. A good, balanced, steady life in the background would help them of course. Plus not too much constant exposure to someone's pain, and the usual healing-method dogs use....a good body-shake, followed by a 2 mile run in the fields, followed by a good dinner!
Some dogs are just naturals at this. It is in their nature to give comfort. Whatever training they get, they still have to be that special dog who wants to ease pain.

I would think a trauma dog must have a good home life so that he can recover and work another day.

Dogs do seem better after a good shake don't they. It is like having a good stretch. You feel so much better afterwards. The 2 mile run and the good dinner would be a bonus.
Catherine

Wow that's amazing!
Some of the things that dogs do for us are truly amazing. I think when we look at dogs we should see them with halos and little guardian angel wings.Angel

Our lives would be poorer without dogs. I don't have a dog and still dogs make my life better.
Catherine

That's amazing dog and heart warming.
It made it possible for the girl to testify without it being a traumatic experience for her. The dog made her feel safe and comfortable.
Catherine