Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned polydactyl cats with 180 toes between them rehomed
The cats were abandoned in Birmingham, UK. See the article here: http://bit.ly/polydactylcats
A warm welcome to the forum, NKat!

The cats are all so beautiful, and I am very glad to hear they have all found homes. My attitude is "What's with a few extra toes?" They look quite charming, and am sure are useful for climbing trees!

It sounds to me as if these cats were abandoned because of what was seen as a mutation or 'defect'. Probably by a backyard breeder -i.e. someone who doesn't really know what they are doing, or they wouldn't breed that particular gene, if they wanted 'perfect kittens' for sale. It is very sad to hear someone just abandoned them. I'm glad there has been a happy ending.
Thanks Tobi!

I agree, the cats are all so cute, it's great that people have given them a home Smile
I did a double take when I read the words 180 toes and then I realized it was more than one cat.Smiley4

Welcome to the Forum NKat. Very interesting pictures. I have seen a polydactyl cat, but never ones with that many toes.

How silly to abandon such beautiful cats. I am sure people really wanted them. Abandoning any pet never makes sense anyhow, but to abandon special cats is silly. They could have sold them. People want polydactyls.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A very warm welcome to the forum, NKat. Feel free to pass by the introductions section to say hello to members and tell us a little more about yourself and your pets. Do you help rehoming animals?
Haha imagine if it was one cat that would be crazy!! Thanks for the welcome Smile

(12-04-2014, 11:23 AM)Catherine Wrote: I did a double take when I read the words 180 toes and then I realized it was more than one cat.Smiley4

Welcome to the Forum NKat. Very interesting pictures. I have seen a polydactyl cat, but never ones with that many toes.

How silly to abandon such beautiful cats. I am sure people really wanted them. Abandoning any pet never makes sense anyhow, but to abandon special cats is silly. They could have sold them. People want polydactyls.

Thanks so much for the welcome, I will go and introduce myself now Smile

I don't help rehome pets unfortunately but like to share a good pet / animal story when I can Smile

(12-04-2014, 08:57 PM)LPC Wrote: A very warm welcome to the forum, NKat. Feel free to pass by the introductions section to say hello to members and tell us a little more about yourself and your pets. Do you help rehoming animals?
Share away, NKat! We all like animal stories/news here.
Yes I must say, I was also rather relieved when I found out it was a NUMBER of cats with 180 toes, not just a couple of cats! LOL!

(But just imagine the speed at which 2 cats with 180 toes could climb a tree!)
(Ignore me -it's my bed-time! haha Big Grin)
It was late when I read the 180 toes as well.Smiley4
It really caught my attention though.

We do like to hear about animals finding good homes. So often we discuss things that do not have a happy ending. They need to be discussed, but it is nice to be reminded of the good things that happen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine