Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two faced cat dies
I am sure we posted this picture on the old forum. Frank and Louie are a cat with two faces. Apparently it is not conjoined twins, but rather a problem of fetal development that resulted in two faces. They are referred to as Janus Cats after the Roman God Janus that had two faces, one looking forward into the new year and one looking back. Only one face was able to eat so the cat needed very specialized care to survive. Having lived 15 years, Frank and Louie are the oldest Janus Cat on record.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-ani...ie-dead-15

He was different looking, but his owner loved him very much.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

15 years - amazing, given the condition! But what impressed me most was this passage: "Marty Stevens, an employee at the time, decided to adopt the cat, even though he wasn’t expected to live more than a few days". That was a selfless and compassionate thing to do. Blessings to her! Her love was rewarded; she had 15 years of love from that grateful cat.
She wanted to give the little guy some comfort and love and he ended up giving her 15 years of love.
We should never underestimate what can live. The will to live is strong and even a two faced cat was able to have a good life.

I think about Jake Krinkle Snake. He may be a mess in some ways, but he has a strong will to live and has improved more than I ever hoped for.
Catherine

I heard about this on news and I was so surprised with there faces. For me they looked a handsome cat and lovely.
He was different looking, but he was a beautiful cat. Sometimes the odd ones are the nicest ones. Fifteen years is a pretty good life for any cat. He was one of a kind, I have never heard of another one like him.
Catherine

I have read the article about this cat and I was amaze and find it beautiful.
There was a certain beauty to him even though he was different.
He was one of a kind, or perhaps I should say two of a kind.
Catherine