Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avalon Guinea Pig Rescue
I can see how easy it would be to turn your home into a piggie rescue. Guinea pigs are such vulnerable creatures and they need all the help we can give them.
This family has made a difference in hundreds of guinea pig lives.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/love-guine...story.html

I am sure that even when the animals don't make it, they still die in peace in a loving environment and that is beautiful too. I wish them every success in finding wonderful homes for their little rescues.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Bless her! She has so much love to give. It must be a good deal of hard work, but that is where her heart is. Those Guinea Pigs could not have better, than her care and compassion. I hope they will all find loving homes -or perhaps continue to live in her home/rescue. What an inspiring woman.
I can understand how she ended up with a rescue. You take in a few guinea pigs and then you hear about some more and so on. It is wonderful that she is willing and able to do it.

I can imagine feeding time with a house full of piggies. It must be like a guinea pig choir with all the wheeks and trills.

The world needs more wonderful people like this.
Catherine

What a wonderful woman! Blessings to her! She's another one who will be covered with grateful piggies when she passes over....!
It will be a giant piggie party. She has helped hundreds of guinea pigs.
You really have to admire the people who help guinea pigs. They are such timid little animals and they need all the help we can give them.
People think nothing of dumping them outside and they really are not able to survive. If it weren't for the guinea pig shelters many more piggies would end up out on the streets to become prey for foxes, hawks and any other predators.
Catherine

Another wonderful rescue. I must put together a post about Suzy's rescue.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
We would love to hear how Suzy's rescue is doing. Are there that many guinea pigs in Great Britain that you need actual guinea pig rescues? Our local Animal Services and the Toronto Humane Society have a few guinea pigs sometimes, but never very many, and not for long. Few pet stores have them for sale.
Catherine