Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Colville--animals in art
It does seem that in all cases of animals killing or hunting others, there is no malice intended, only survival instincts, or the instinct to feed their young, or even sometimes to eliminate intruders into their territory. (And the motive behind that is usually to protect their survival resources.)
Even including shark attacks....grizzly bear attacks....foxes killing wildly in a hen-house....or wolves tracking prey until the prey is too exhausted to run any more.
Yes those things are very violent.

But I always say "The wild animals can't go to the supermarket and get their meat in nice square packages, covered with clear film, or covered in breadcrumbs -so it doesn't look like a prey animal at all."

But as far as I know, the human species is the only one who will willingly commit terrible crimes against animals and sometimes for just 'fun' or lack of love and care, sometimes even for entertainment, and not only for those motives listed above. Some of the things I hear are so heartbreaking, and definitely done from sickness of Soul, or malice.

Messages In This Thread
Alex Colville--animals in art - by Catherine - 12-15-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: Alex Collville--animals in art - by Tobi - 12-16-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: Alex Collville--animals in art - by LPC - 12-16-2014, 06:33 AM
RE: Alex Collville--animals in art - by Tobi - 12-16-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Alex Colville--animals in art - by Catherine - 12-16-2014, 02:38 PM