Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What my dog does when I leave home
Payne is seldom alone for long periods. There is almost always someone coming or going as you said, Tobi.
As a matter of fact we make it a point to [almost] never spend the night away from home, even if it means travelling very late. Too many critters here depend on us being around.
Catherine: what kind of dog do you have at the reptile centre?
Tobi: Do you still have your online business? I hope it was successful for you. We are looking at a few different things to do online. I would love to be able to work from home. It is so much more practical and very cost effective if you can make it work!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Yes I still have my business, though it has changed. I started it in 2007 for my dog's sake! So that I could spend time outside with her and didn't have to leave her. I made herbal tinctures. That business did quite well. I supplemented it by selling other things on ebay. I couldn't have supported a family on it but me and my doggy could stay alive with few worries (except horribly hard work right into the night many a time).
Then in 2010 legislation changed, and all my products would need Lab. testing (that is -testing by Laboratory -not Labrador! lol) That would have cost me about £24,000. I closed it down, sadly and immediately opened a dried herb business instead. That has not done as well, but still exists.
That is too bad about your business. Sometimes the laws are changed to make life more difficult for us. I doubt it makes anyone safer. I can't believe how expensive the testing would have been.

I wish I could stay home with my animals. I made a point of being home and being with them for my Birthday. I wanted to do that.
When I can qualify for a pension I will happily be at home for more hours of the day. We will all love it.

Daisy dog had a Maltese(cross?) for a father and her mom, Dahlia was a Shih Tzu mix(maybe poodle). She was the little runt of the litter and she is still tiny, but she is so funny and loveable. It is the dream life for a dog.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sorry to hear about your business, usually if we leave our dog at home they are sad and lonely and it hurts me to think of that.
I would think that having two dogs would help. They would be company for each other and they could play together. It must be very boring and tedious for a dog to be home alone.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine