Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should I bring her in?
I made a mistake and left Ariel's 3 sons in with her and her daughter. I have now moved them out but I think Ariel may be already pregnant again. I don't think her daughter is (I hope not anyway). I'm debating whether to bring Ariel inside and put her with my 3 girls while she is pregnant.

You see, this happened a short while ago with my teddy girl, Minnie. I was too late in removing her son, Punch, and she ended up pregnant again. She went on to have 4 babies (just the 2 in the first round) and it obviously took a lot out of her and I lost her. I'm worried about the same thing happening to Ariel and I really don't want anything to happen to her. She is such a gorgeous piggie.

Would she be okay coming in over winter and then moving back to the shed once the warmer weather comes? The only problem is any babies she has will also have to stay inside and room wise it will be tight.
I hear you about how tight it would be space wise, but I would bring her in. You will worry otherwise and if anything goes wrong you will feel responsible. If Ariel is right there where you can see her you will feel better.

Those guinea pig boys can sure fool you. They go from cute baby to fathering a litter overnight. I had planned to move a male in the morning and when I got up he was breeding the female.

How is Ariel. Her current litter must be very cute. I am sure the new babies will be sweet even if it is unplanned.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

For tonight I have left her in with her daughter, but I will move her in tomorrow. Which reminds me I have other baby guinea pigs that need to be moved. Ariel is looking a bit on the chubby side, so I'm pretty convinced that she is pregnant again. Her coat has changed and she has gone more grey with a black face. Her hair is a lot shorter at the moment too, but she is still gorgeous. One of her sons is the spitting image of her except his hair is longer, and another one is black and cream and he reminds me of Hagrid in the face so I have named him Hagrid the Second.

I will try and get some photos taken and post them on here soon. They are all gorgeous which isn't surprising seeing as Cupid is the father of them all! He throws beautiful babies.
So Cupid is still making the girls very happy and giving you beautiful babies. He was well named. I am sure with a little extra TLC Ariel will be fine and give you another beautiful litter.

It is sweet that you have a Hagrid look a like. Hagrid was always one of my favourites. I look forward to seeing pictures.
Catherine

Okay, I have now moved her inside and her tummy definitely feels pregnant. I have put her in with the girls and so far Angel has been chasing her about and the others haven't gone too close to her. I'm hoping that Angel will settle down and let her be, I don't want her getting stressed out in there.

I do have another option should Angel not relent. I could put her in the smaller cage that Spike is in, and put Spike in with the 3 girls as that was what I was hoping to do with him this year. If they fell pregnant straight away, it would be early March when babies would be born. That way, Ariel would be on her own stress free, and Spike would be very happy.
I hope Angel settles down, but you never know with guinea pig girls. They all know Ariel is pregnant. Maybe that makes her a threat to Angel's authority.
I am sure Spike would be fine with the three girls arrangement. What kind of colours would you get from a breeding with him and the three?
Catherine

(01-02-2015, 03:41 PM)Catherine Wrote: I hope Angel settles down, but you never know with guinea pig girls. They all know Ariel is pregnant. Maybe that makes her a threat to Angel's authority.
I am sure Spike would be fine with the three girls arrangement. What kind of colours would you get from a breeding with him and the three?

It's not just Angel, the other two are a bit funny with her as well. I think that Bonnie is the boss of the three of them and she was a bit short with Ariel this morning. Ariel is staying in the corner of the cage. Should I move her into the cage on her own and move Spike?

I reckon I would get a variety of colours from the girls and Spike, smooth haired and abbys, as Bonnie is an abby as well.
I would put Ariel on her own. The other girls have their own dynamics and Ariel doesn't fit in. Since she has babies on the way it might be safer to keep her alone. Spike would fit in with the girls and they would all be happy. Being alone would be less stressful for Ariel and you can give her special feeding and know that she is getting it.
Catherine

(01-03-2015, 04:07 PM)Catherine Wrote: I would put Ariel on her own. The other girls have their own dynamics and Ariel doesn't fit in. Since she has babies on the way it might be safer to keep her alone. Spike would fit in with the girls and they would all be happy. Being alone would be less stressful for Ariel and you can give her special feeding and know that she is getting it.

Yes, you are right. I think I needed someone else to say that. I have to clean the cages out today so I can move them about and hopefully Ariel will become a bit more settled and relaxed.
(01-03-2015, 10:31 PM)hungrypigs Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 04:07 PM)Catherine Wrote: I would put Ariel on her own. The other girls have their own dynamics and Ariel doesn't fit in. Since she has babies on the way it might be safer to keep her alone. Spike would fit in with the girls and they would all be happy. Being alone would be less stressful for Ariel and you can give her special feeding and know that she is getting it.

Yes, you are right. I think I needed someone else to say that. I have to clean the cages out today so I can move them about and hopefully Ariel will become a bit more settled and relaxed.

Indoor cages are all cleaned and Ariel is now on her own in the smaller cage and she seems much happier. Spike is settling in with the girls so everyone appears to be happy with the new arrangements. Smiley4