Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is your pet over weight
I commend your dedication that you have cared for the cat twice a day for so long. But I was thinking in terms of the commitment involved.
It sounds like a nice walk and it would be so good for you. Even though it is cold I walk when I can. I skip the bus and walk a few stops to a clients house. The air is fresh, the sun is shinning. I feel better when I do it.

Quote:It seems that on average, peoples' concepts of basic physical living have deteriorated over the years. Though many pay for Gym membership, they have forgotten that to simply walk a trail somewhere for 5 miles will be free and do them more good. And many are imposing that on their pets.

The trouble is, people have it in mind that exercise requires a gym. That makes it a hassle. They have to go to the gym and change into gym clothes and spend at least an hour and then they have to go home and by then it is getting late. They buy the gym membership, but they stop going very soon. They could walk part of the way home from work instead. It is exercise and it is free and when they are done they are already home. It makes sense.

People going to the gym will drive there and then drive around forever looking for a parking spot near the door because they think it is too far to walk across the parking lot.

I get lots of exercise working in my garden. It is pleasant and refreshing and I have a beautiful garden as a result. A doctor once told me it was only exercise if it was done on a machine like a treadmill. How very like a hamster wheel they are. You can walk for an hour and go no where and see nothing and have none of the joys of a nice walk.

Add a dog to the walk and it becomes an adventure.
Maybe trying to help their dogs to health with good walks and good food will inspire people to help themselves to health as well.

First we have to get them to understand that their pet is fat and that is not a good thing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Is your pet over weight - by Catherine - 01-21-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Is your pet over weight - by Tobi - 01-22-2015, 03:06 AM
RE: Is your pet over weight - by Catherine - 01-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Is your pet over weight - by Tobi - 01-23-2015, 04:13 AM
RE: Is your pet over weight - by Catherine - 01-23-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Is your pet over weight - by LeonilCraig - 01-27-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: Is your pet over weight - by Catherine - 01-28-2015, 03:16 PM