Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battersea Dogs Home's Longest Resident Gets New Home - the story from his eyes
This is such good news! http://bit.ly/1y7gMus
Smiley19 That is such a touching story. I am so glad that Biscuit found a forever home and a new name and everything he ever dreamed of.

I wonder what a dog feels like when people come and choose another dog, over and over again. I think they do get discouraged.

Good for those people that they took the one that no one else wanted. I am sure he is a wonderful dog.

I went to the shelter and got a guinea pig that I noticed had been there a year. He was sort of cross eyed and he looked depressed and turned in on himself. Halfway home I opened the box to make sure he was alright. He was sitting all hunched up. Then he realized he was no longer in a cage at the shelter. He stood up and looked around and then reached up and kissed me. He was a happy pig after that.

Biscuit, or rather Blake, must have felt much the same. Can you imagine how he felt that first night somewhere else. I would love to have seen his face the moment he realised he had been chosen.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is so good to hear that Biscuit -now Blake -has found a loving home at last.

And that's a lovely touching story about the little Guinea Pig, Catherine. He had got so used to being withdrawn in his own world, and suddenly he knew he was free and there was new hope.
Frodo the guinea pig blossomed into a real personality. He was funny and outgoing and ended up as my herd leader. Everybody looked to Frodo for guidance and he used to visit the other enclosures each day.

He used to make me laugh and I miss him still, but he had good years with me. The scared shelter pig was left behind and he turned into a happy well adjusted guinea pig. He made my other guinea pigs happy too.Heart
Catherine

Wow that's so sweet about Frodo Smile
Frodo was sweet and I took him because he had been at the shelter so long. He was the best. I am sure Blake is the best. That is something to think of when adopting. People over the best dogs in the place and pick something cute and outgoing. Sometimes the quiet ones are really the best pet ever if they would only get a chance to show someone.

This is Frodo at the shelter. He wouldn't come out of the house.
[Image: IMG_1532.JPG]
In the box going home.
[Image: IMG_1533.JPG]
He looked so sad.
Then he realised the box is open and he is not at the shelter.
[Image: IMG_1534.JPG]
He was curious
[Image: IMG_1536.JPG]
Then he was grateful
[Image: IMG_1539.JPG]
He went on to bond with my Pigbert and then he became a herd leader.
[Image: IMG_4556.JPG]
He was much loved and had a full life.
[Image: IMG_9551.JPG]
All because he was given a second chance.

I always choose the unwanted one.
Catherine