Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World's oldest Wombat
The world's oldest Wombat lives in Toronto. Hamlet just turned 33 and for a Wombat that is more than double the natural span.

I saw him with my own eyes a week ago and I have been visiting him for years. He is a cute cubby fellow and he has a good life with lots of treats and things just the way he likes them.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/02/...o-zoo.html

I always love seeing him. He as been with the zoo for a lot longer than I have been visiting it. It feels like he will go on forever. I do hope we have a few more good years.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wow....that is an amazing age. He must be quite happy and must have been well looked after to reach that age -and still be going strong. He has a lovely face, bless him.
He is cute, He kind of waddles around nosing into things and generally takes life very quietly. He eats well and seems content. He is a senior and they treat him like the respected elderly gentleman that he is.

There are some small swamp wallabies and some echidna in his area and he seem comfortable with them.

He has a big rubber dish that he likes to sleep in. It just fits him comfortably(after he has eaten the contentsSmiley4).
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine