Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy ending for kitten tossed from car
After the terror of being tossed from a car and a heroic rescue, the sweet little kitten has been recovering at the Toronto Humane Society.
Now that he is well enough to go home, he has been adopted by the woman that rescued him from the highway.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5319...h-rescuer/

Everyone is happy. Her brave efforts that saved his life show that Mandi deserves to have the little guy. Potter gets to be with the person who picked him up and brought him to safety.

They have not yet caught the person who did this, but that person knows how things turned out. If s/he ever makes the mistake of telling what they did, someone will turn them in. In the mean time their rejected kitten is a star and everybody loves him and everybody hates the person who hurt him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yet another lovely person who stopped to help an unfortuanate creature. I am glad there are many people like that in the world.
But why are we hearing so many reports of this kind of thing happening to small animals? Maybe it always used to happen and we didn't hear about it?
I don't know if it was always like this. I do know that we hear about every incident. Maybe that is the difference. People now see such things as wrong and respond to them.

Also we have the internet and social media so incidents with animals get publicity almost as fast as they happen. This is the good side of the internet. I also love the fact that the people who tossed the kitten have had to listen to months of comments about it all. Now they get to see pictures of their rejected kittens going home as someone's beloved pet. Potter is a little media star and Mandi is a hero and they are the despised villains. That has to make them feel a little uncomfortable. Also, they know people are looking for them. If we never catch them, they will always know that we are looking for them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine