Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budi the Orangutan update
Budi, the poor baby Orangutan who was kept in a chicken cage and fed only condensed milk, is now slowly managing to recover.
He has received such tender care from those who are looking after him, and such support from all round the world.

Now he is even learning to climb:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/daily-c...climb.html
Budi has made wonderful progress. When I first saw him it didn't look like he would survive. Now he is starting to climb.

Poor little baby, he still needs to grow some hair.Heart

With time and love he could grow up to be a full sized orangutan. I wonder if he will ever be able to return to the wild?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an improvement! Love and care can produce wonders sometimes. Thanks for the update, Tobi.
I have seen pictures of him starting to walk. I just couldn't get them to post. He is starting to look like a cute baby orangutan, just the way he should. If only he would get some hair.
Catherine

I just did a search for "budi orangutan walking" and found this:

Look at him!Heart He has come such a long way. I really think he is going to grow up and be a healthy orangutan. It will take years of work. You have to admire the Orangutan rescue people. When they foster a baby they know it might be five years before it can be released. That is commitment.
Catherine