Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The world's oldest Orca
I am amazed at how old she is! They estimate that this orca is 103 years old. Can you believe it. What must she know about life after all these years.

Knowing that an orca can live this long makes captive orcas an even greater tragedy. After a miserable life, they die young.

Good for Granny that she has lived free for over a century.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is just amazing. We see to think that animals can live longer in captivity than in the wild, and I suppose that can be true of prey species, but predator rarely do as well. This is clear evidence that wild is best!!
Well done Granny and may you have many more years.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Can you imagine all the places Granny has been in that many years. Orcas are found all over the world. If only she could tell all that she has seen we could learn so much.

Wild is best most cases. It is really only the actual domesticated species that are geared for life with us. That only works if we are meeting the animal's needs. With Orcas we never try to meet their needs.
Catherine

Oh wow! This brought tears to my eyes. No kidding.

There are some very decent Humans around, but when money comes in between being Human, or not....there are some very dishonest and uncaring Humans! How could they spout those lies -or is it just 'conditioning'??

Beware 'conditioning', folks!

Many blessings to you beautiful Orca "Granny".
I think the kids who work at Sea World just read a scrip and never ask if the information is true. Granny proves them wrong. Clearly Orcas live much longer than we thought and we owe it to them to let them live in peace.
Being part of an animal show is not what they deserve. I think the die young because they don't want to live under those conditions and the conditions are unhealthy for them.
Catherine