Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutilated dead reptiles found
I can't even begin to describe how I feel about this. Many beautiful reptiles were found dead and mutilated in the woods of Washington State. Someone has done this and I really hope they catch them. There is no doubt that some level of cruelty has taken place.

There were beautiful iguanas and I think I saw some kind of Tegu. These are intelligent beautiful animals who make wonderful pets.

http://www.kptv.com/story/28735543/dozen...und-dumped

One thing that bothered me: when the woman was talking about what she found, she referred to them as animals and then corrected herself and called them reptiles. Reptiles are animals too and deserve good lives. Many of these reptiles would have lived 30 years and more. Such a disregard for life is shocking. It breaks my heart to see them and know how beautiful they are and now they are not.Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is very sad indeed. I can't imagine how anyone could do this....poor little things.
I understand there were more than 35 bodies. No one has any idea where they came from or who did this. It seems weird. There were thousands of dollars worth of reptiles. If the person didn't want them, they could have been sold.

Why would they mutilate the bodies? It is a very distressing case.
I just feel sick about it. They would have known they were being slaughtered and would have struggled. I doubt any of the deaths were humane.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine